Tuesday, March 2, 2010

crafts!

I want to craft more. I've collected papers, ribbons, stamps, paint, fabric, etc over the last few months, and I've completed a few projects, but I don't do it as consistently as I want to. Crafting is like reading for me, or swimming or eating dark chocolate--a wonderful way to release tension and center myself. However, it has the potential to be like pretty much everything else in my life - stressful. Especially if I craft an idea and then have difficulty finding supplies or materials or something takes longer than I anticipated. Basically, I'm learning that I have the capacity to turn even the most delightful situations into flaming balls of stress. BLAH! It's almost as though I'm improperly wired for relaxation and go-with-the-flowness. No more, I say!

I made a ribbon board (I don't have pictures yet, but I ripped off this idea). I love it. I used a fabulous Amy Butler fabric (i adore her fabrics!) and made my own buttons. Consequently, I've become obsessed with making my own fabric buttons. silly silly silly.

I'm committed to allowing myself more craft time when I feel it necessary. I'm halfway through a second ribbon board, so when I finish I'll post both pictures. Hooray!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment